In honor of 12/12/12, here is a little inspirational photo with 12 signs that you are experiencing a “spiritual awakening.” I’m not sure how I feel about that term, but I do like the 12 “symptoms.”
Here are 12 positive things I have noticed about myself and my life lately:
- When I’m not being crushed by lies and depression, I’m apparently a very fun, bubbly person who people like to be around. Go figure!
- I enjoy being active. The more I do, the less tired I am. It’s weird and counter-intuitive, but I’m loving it.
- When you are enjoying life, taking positive action, being active, and connecting with people there is far, far less time in the day for watching TV. I’m not missing it at all. (Okay, in all honesty there are still a few things I won’t be able to stop watching – The Middle, How I Met Your Mother, and New Girl - there will always be time for you!)
- Smart phones are awesome. I shouldn’t have held out so long before I caved. Having a phone from the 21st century has its perks. My smart phone is almost smarter than me, but I’m learning.
- Smiling is amazing.
- People can be amazing, too. They also sometimes cause the action in #5 instead of pain, hurt, betrayal, and tears.
- I can be my different, sarcastic, irreverent, honest, goofy, vulnerable, sappy, smart-ass self and those people I mentioned in #1 and #6 seem to like me more. It’s an odd sensation, but one that I’m starting to enjoy.
- I am my worse critic. I realize now that that when I shut up and let myself be me, flaws and all, I can still be happy.
- I deserve to be valued and respected. As soon as I recognized that, the universe delivered people who see my value and give me respect. I guess when I stop trying to make things happen, they do just happen.
- I have the absolute best family in the entire world.
- Peace of mind is priceless.
- I have to love myself first and foremost in order to accept love from others. I am still working on this one. However, I am more and more confident every day that I am getting closer to understanding what I need, what I want, what I deserve, and all that the world has to offer. In the meantime, I’m going to have fun and not overthink things (or at least try not to).
I also want to express gratitude to the various people who have given me awards lately. I hate being ungrateful, and I’m not ignoring you. I just find that I have less and less time to blog now that I’m being more active and doing more things outside of rooms with computers in them (both in my work and personal life). Also, the holidays are approaching (rapidly), and I am less prepared than I have ever been. I want you all to know now that I am honored by the awards. I will get to accepting them all and following all of the rules. I swear! I just can’t promise you when that will be.