photo credit ~ Artwork by Ame Hughes, Intuitive Artist
This morning I am participating in Money Mash Up 1/14, hosted by simply stacia. Thanks for the interesting questions. Money is one area that I will have a few changes to this year, so I’m glad for the opportunity to think about it a bit.
1. The most money I’ve spent last week was for bills. I get paid twice per month, and last week was my first payday. I paid all of my bills except my mortgage with that check. That means I paid sewer, water, electricity, internet, TV, credit cards, my new car payment (the most expensive of the bunch), car insurance, trash pickup, and dog food. Oh, you meant not bill-related? In that case, I spent $4.49 for an ebook on my Kindle Saturday night.
2. A low-cost or free thing I did this past week was went to lunch with my Mom and sister at Panera. My Mom picked up the bill (how sweet of her), but even if she hadn’t the meal was cheap, delicious, and healthy. Better was the company. It was great to spend time with them both, have a nice chat in the middle of the day, and get a break from work. It was the only lunch I ate out last week, although I had the urge a few times. I’m glad that I waited to indulge myself when I had the company of two amazing women. As a bonus, I also got the information for a wonderful dog sitter for my baby while I’m gone this week. Score!
3. The one thing I did for another was took my sister up to my job on Saturday to pick up a battery for her boyfriend’s car. I was able to get it basically at cost and save him quite a bit of money.
4. Something I really need to accomplish this week is relax and enjoy my birthday! Today I have a ton of stuff to get accomplished at work and at home, but starting tomorrow I am going to focus on just having fun and living my life.
5. I’m dying to try _____ this year. Hmmmm… This is a great question. I’m dying to try putting myself first. I’ve never done that before. I know that isn’t a particular “experience,” but I am going to be my own priority this year. I’m going to laugh, love, live, and stop second-guessing myself. It already sounds wonderful!
Thanks again Stacia for coming up with these questions and posting the challenge every week. It’s a good reminder of what’s important. I will be gone this week taking a much-needed vacation. As part of my quest to put myself first, I will not be logging into my work account, blogging, or returning phone calls or texts from anyone or about anything that stresses me out in the least. Tomorrow morning at this time I will be in my car singing along to the radio with a huge smile on my face.