Today I have been nominated for my first blogging award! I can hardly believe it. It was such a great surprise to find out that there are people out there who enjoy my writing. That it’s the Versatile Blogger Award makes it even better! I worry sometimes that my topic is too narrow to connect with people, but I try to put my heart out there and just talk about the things I am feeling and thinking. It’s good to know that I have inspired at least one person. Thanks so much!
The fabulous, honest, and witty A Dog With Fleas nominated me, and it really made my day. I find myself on the edge of my seat following her journey and feeling all of the emotions she experiences along with her. You really should check out her blog if you haven’t already. You, too, will find yourself caught up.
I will have to quote something she said when she received her nomination, “This blog has taken me on a very special journey and I have and continue to learn a lot about myself in the process. So it is wonderful and humbling that people read, enjoy and can follow me along on this journey of healing, love, hope and getting my life back together again.” That statement is very true for me, too. Reading other people’s journeys have also helped me along in my own, and for that I am incredibly grateful.
The rules of receiving this award are:
1. Add the award to your blog
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link to their blog.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Give the award to 15 or more bloggers.
The Seven Random Things about me are:
1. I have been trampled by a horse. Oddly enough this came up today in conversation at work… I’m still not even sure how.
2. I skipped 4th grade.
3. I used to work with someone who now has their own reality TV show – American Digger on Spike TV. Check it out…
4. I traveled to London in 10th grade with my choral group after we won a national competition.
5. My credit score is over 800.
6. I absolutely love Gummy Bears. They have to be the right kind, though, and red and green are my favorite.
7. I was asked to audition for the first season of The Voice, but ended up not going to my scheduled audition because I’m too much of a chicken… It would have meant taking off work (or leaving if I made it far enough), taking a risk, and possibly failing. Too scary.
And for the blogs that I look forward to reading the moment they pop in my Inbox… The Award Goes To:
1. My Ideal Woman – I know that he has already received this award once, but I had to put him at the top of my list. This blogger gave me my first taste of blogging. By following his posts, reading his writing, and beginning to explore the blogging community I found my voice. “Being a Beautiful Mess” wouldn’t exist without him. Not only that, but he helped me come up with my new name and direction, and he has encouraged me all along the way. Thanks Ben!
2. The “Me” Project (or Court’s B-L-O-G) – This gal was also instrumental in the start of my blog. I feel so selfish starting off with that, but let me explain. Her writing is so sincere. Her perspective is fresh. She is honest. She is bold. I read one of her posts and was compelled to comment. Next thing I know, I was pouring out my heart. Her words did that. And she is truly a versatile blogger. I have found myself reading and commenting on a variety of topics that she has posted, and I always feel her passion.
3. If Happy Ever After Did Exist – After finding her blog I started to really understand the power of reading the words of and connecting with another person who is going through something similar. Sometimes I feel like she writes my thoughts. Her posts are incredibly insightful and her strength has inspired me. She reminds me that I am enough. She certainly is more than enough. She is an inspiration.
4. Not Over It – The icon on her blog is a candle of hope. Her blog represents that very well. She is going through many difficult things, but she presses on and shares her emotions freely. I connect with how real and raw she can be, and with her deep self-awareness. She is also the consummate supporter. She truly cares for the people that follow her blog and her replies reflect that. Her sincerity and willingness to offer empathy even in the midst of her own pain is amazing.
5. C’est la Vie – I recently found this blog and have been blown away. I really enjoy her perspective. Her writing is fresh, and she truly is versatile. She is also a fellow procrastinating perfectionist, which must be a rare combination reserved only for the best minds. Errrr… maybe not? I don’t know, but she certainly is one!
6. Infinite Sadness… or what? – This blogger has a mission to talk about mental illnesses, get them out of the darkness, and help people really understand them. She takes on that challenge every day with strength and courage that is quite inspirational. She shares her own stories and relays things in a way that is completely understandable and really makes her point well. She puts lots of love and energy into what she does, and it shows.
7. The Important Bits – This is another one of the first blogs I ever followed. In her own words, SadiePenn is “a wife and mom among many other things…but most of all I am a woman that has been wronged and I feel the need to write about it.” She said that she wasn’t really setting out to help anyone except herself, but she did help me discover things about myself as I have been following her journey.
8. Eat My Scabs – Her tag is “Sex Addiction; not as fun as it sounds.” Boy is that true, however, her blog is fun to read. She posts things that are moving, sometimes quirky, and always thought-provoking. Her husband also serves as a guest-blogger sometimes, which has offered me incredible insight. I just love her style.
9. Persuaded2Go – This blogger has really opened my eyes. She is amazingly honest, deliciously snarky, and very in touch with her emotions. She had an affair, which means she is on the other side of the same mess I am wading through. However, I rarely feel like there are “sides” when I’m reading her thoughts. I see more and more how human we all are. She opens my eyes to my own flaws and helps me remember that my husband isn’t some monster… He is just someone who has made some mistakes and is working through them. That is a hard thing to do, especially with guilt weighing you down. Bravo!
10. The Other Side of Infidelity – Speaking of “the other side,” this blogger is involved in an affair with a married man. Why would I read that? – You might ask. Because one of her posts grabbed my attention and drew me in. She doesn’t claim to be perfect, and she is torn over the affair. I can look beyond that, though, and see someone who has been hurt deeply and who is struggling to find who she is in the world. I can relate to that even if I don’t agree with her actions. It is sometimes painful to read about her encounters with him (especially since they are mostly via the internet and phone), but she is definitely a very good writer.
11. Being Her (the other woman) – This is a blog from yet another person on the flip side of an affair. She reminds me not to judge. She helps me see the complicated emotions that she went through. And she is working really hard to repair her marriage. I admire and respect her greatly for that.
12. Our Journey After His Affair – Wendy found out that her husband was having an affair from the other woman. Since that moment she has displayed so much poise and grace. She is able to look at things from a really healthy point of view. Sure, she has her rough moments. But she is able to see her husband as a good person who made a bad mistake, not a bad person in general. Her posts challenge me, make me think, and is helping me along in my quest to let go. Thanks so much!
13. A Year After the Affair – This blogger is in a similar time-frame me as far as recovery goes. I love reading her story, hearing her thoughts, and realizing that I am not alone. Her posts like “Coming Out of the Perfect Marriage Closet” echo the same sentiments I am struggling with. She helps me feel not alone, and she makes me laugh even in the midst of everything. Her ability to tell a story is impressive.
14. Im In Love With A Serial Cheater – This is one tough ride to be on, and she has managed to keep her sanity. I applaud her. So many things that she writes about I can relate to. She is also very much in love, which is inspirational. It is a hard journey, but there are also reasons that we have chosen to stay. She talks about the positives, the progress, the pitfalls, and the decisions she is making every day to try and make her relationship work.
15. A Dog With Fleas – Last but certainly not least is the wonderful blogger who nominated me. I have already talked about how great I think her blog is, so go read it already!
I highly recommend everyone on this list. Please be sure to check out all of these fantastic blogs. You definitely will not be disappointed!!