Yesterday morning I logged into my computer to find a flattering surprise and a not-so-great one. I think I will start with the good news first. I was
nominated for awarded the Very Inspiring Blogger Award from the wonderful Bold Kevin over at Voices of Glass. His blog is very inspirational, and he received two well-deserved nominations for this award. I am beyond flattered that he would feel inspired from me after all he has come through. It is hard for me to grasp that anyone could be inspired by me. It is a humbling experience that makes me feel very grateful.
Here are the Award Rules…
- Display the award logo somewhere on the blog. – √ Done
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you. – √ Done
- State 7 things about yourself. – √ See Below
Nominate(They aren’t nominations they are actual awards) So give 15 other bloggers this award and provide links to their blogs.
- Notify those bloggers that they have been
nominatedgiven this award and of the award’s requirements.
7 Things About Me… (that I haven’t already told you at some point)
- I have an entire room stuffed from floor to ceiling with books. That is where I am right now. I have so many books that my book shelves are double stacked. I consistently donate hundreds of books per year, yet the number of books I own never seems to decrease. I think the key to this actually happening would be to stop buying more, but I just can’t seem to make that happen.
- I love crab rangoons. They are delicious. I could eat nothing but those at a Chinese restaurant. Now I’m just torturing myself…
- I bite my nails. It was a terrible habit that I had as a kid. My nails were always chewed to the quick. As an adult I have gotten a lot better at this, and often even have fingernails that grow to a respectable length. I am more likely to chew at a hangnail or ragged nail than grab the clippers, though. For this reason I carry a nail kit (complete with clippers, nail file, and cuticle trimmers) in my purse at all times to help curb this urge.
- I love fire. I’m not quite a pyromaniac, although my father was as a child. I often have several candles burning in my house, and really, really wish that I had a fireplace. To compensate, I have both a fire pit and fire chimney outside on my patio.
- I am obsessed with Crocs. They are almost all that I wear now. I have dressy ones, office ones, several pairs of flip flops, sandals, and even a winter pair.
- I had a huge collection of model horses as a child. I collected Breyer horses from a very young age through my teenage years. I still have my collection up in my attic.
- My husband says I have an adventurous spirit. I find it hard to accept because I have always seen myself as more of a quiet homebody, curled up with a good book on a comfy chair all day. I do want to go skydiving someday, and I want to travel the world so maybe he has a point.
I wish that I had the time today to nominate all of the fantastic people who deserve it. Instead, for now, I will invite you to check out my Blogroll. These are the bloggers who have touched me and whose blogs I subscribe to and run to check their posts when I get an email. All of these bloggers have inspired me in various ways.
Now for the devastating news. I found out that a good friend and fellow blogger is going through a really rough time right now. My stomach dropped this morning when I saw what she was going through, and my heart is aching for her. My tablet has been on the fritz this morning. I think it has a virus or it has just decided to poop out. I have been using my home computer, which is a desktop, in the meantime to stay connected and do my blogging. I missed her email early this morning, and am keeping her and her family in my thoughts.
I hope that the rest of you out there are doing well and having a great weekend. Much love!