I really want to say thank you to those of you that have offered me support and positive comments recently. I have also gotten a few wonderful, flattering awards. I might have missed one with my scatterbrain, so if I did I apologize in advance.
I received the Liebster Award from the wonderful our24yeargap. She is juggling so many balls in her life, and doing it all under an incredible amount of pressure. I am honored that she nominated me for this award, and I definitely want to apologize for being such a procrastinator that I have only gotten around to posting it until over a month after she gave it to me. I’m bad (more details later)! 🙂
This award comes with rules and questions. I am not going to follow the rules that well, but I will answer the questions that she took the time to think up for me.
Rules (for those of you that actually follow the rules):
- When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
- One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
- One pastes the award picture into ones blog. (You can google the image, there are plenty of them!)
Okay, so I’m not really going to do much of that. Here is my take on those rules, in order:
- If you want to know some random stuff about me, look to the right and select the sub-category Silly Questions under Random Thoughts.
- Anyone who reads my blog and wants to follow those rules and answer some questions, consider yourself nominated. I love everything that each one of you writes, and I just can’t pick favorites.
- Nope. I like the questions that our24yeargap proposed. Answer those. 🙂
- That’s a stupid rule. Since I’m using her questions, though, she’s probably glad not to have to do this all again.
Now, to answer her questions:
- Why did you start blogging? To get the crazy thoughts out of my head and makes sense out of being married to a pathologically lying sex addict.
- Are you where you want to be in life? I’m closer than I ever have been before to my true goal – happiness. At the same time, I’m farther away from the “vision” I had in my head of where that happiness would come from and what it would look like. Surprisingly, letting go of “where I want to be in life” has taken me to a place where I am feeling content, fulfilled, optimistic, happy, and successful. Go figure.
- What is your favorite thing about life? Sharing it with wonderful people. Specifically, my family and the ones that I love. Also singing.
- Do you have an animal you love and that loves you unconditionally? Absolutely. My dog Buddy is the sweetest, best, most fantastic animal in the world. I love him sooo much.
- What is/are your favorite book(s)? There are so many fantastic books out there. I have a room filled with them. Books take you on adventures, introduce you to new worlds, show you wonders, teach you things, transport you to wherever you want to be, and so, so much more. Some of my favorite books include Black Beauty, The Cay, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, My Sister’s Keeper, Wicked, The Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, Are You My Mother? (I had to throw that one in – such a cute book!), anything written by James Patterson, The Time Traveler’s Wife, and the list just keeps going all day long. I also want to note that any book that was turned into a movie on the list above I read BEFORE the movie came out. And, like you’ve probably heard a million times, the book is always better than the movie!!!
- Can you recommend a book I should read or a movie I should watch? Any of the books/movies listed above that you haven’t. Also, everyone on Earth has probably seen these, but I really love Taken, Fried Green Tomatoes, Gran Torino,
- Do you know any firefighters/paramedics/EMTs out there? Other than myself of course. What’s their story? A few of my high school friends are volunteer firefighters/ EMTs. I don’t know their “story” per say, but I do know that they are all dedicated, great people.
- Describe yourself to me in 3 words. Would your friends agree with that? Complicated. Smart. Strong. And yes, my friends would agree.
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? A singer or a lawyer.
- What is your favorite time of the year? Christmas! And Fall when the leaves start changing and the air has that wonderful crispness even though the days are still beautiful.
- Tell me a secret, one you have never told anyone. I don’t really think I have any secrets that I’ve never told anyone. I’m a pretty open book to the people that I care about the deepest.
The next award I received is a brand new one from the very sexy, honest, and amazing work spouse story. She and one other blogger have created a new award to celebrate “gutter bloggers” – their term for those of us who pour our hearts out and air our dirty laundry over the internet by sharing our relationship and sexual experiences. You can read up about the award and the term here.
I was beyond excited to learn about that term, this new award, and floored to be in the first round of nominations. Little ol’ me? Really?! 🙂 I didn’t realize that my corner of the blogosphere was that interesting, especially as compared to some of the other bloggers who were nominated. I also thought I might have been a bit too reserved on here. Then I thought – fuck it! If India thinks I deserve it and she created the award, then I deserve it! 🙂 If only she knew how very, very appropriate it really is (message me later girl if you want the juicy details ;)).
So, here’s how things go with this award:
Fabulous Gutter Blogger Award Rules of Acceptance
- Thank the person who nominated you. (Written thanks, kisses, oral sex, all of the above – whatever seems appropriate.) Hmmm… I like some of those suggestions. How naughty of you!
- Link back to their blog in your post. Done.
- Post the image of the Award on your blog. Gladly!
- Copy and answer the six questions from their blog post. See below.
- Nominate nine bloggers, link to them and let them know they’ve been nominated. This part is time consuming, so I will probably do the linking and such in the morning. I will come back and edit this to do it right. This is one award worth special consideration.
The fun bit: Questions!
- What’s the kinkiest thing you’ve ever done? Kinky is so relative. Something that I consider normal may be very kinky to another person, and vice versa. Some of the things on my “kinky list” include: being in a same-sex relationship, being blindfolded, spanked, and I’ll stop there although there is more in consideration of some of my readers.
- What do you now know about sex that you wish you’d have known earlier in life? Sex can be fantastic and fun and exciting and liberating and amazing if you have a partner who is connected with you, cares about you, and is honest and vulnerable. Apparently that happens in real life to real people, not just in movies or stories. Not so much if you’re with a sex addict. Then it’s weird, repressed, fast (at least with my ex), infrequent, and full of secrecy selfishness (on his part) and dissatisfaction (on my part). At least now I know what bad sex is like…
- Is there any gutter fantasy you’d like to try?(tell us what it is) I’m not sure what a “gutter fantasy” is… Maybe I need that urban dictionary again. I’m guessing it is a sexual fantasy that you have heard about/ read from a fellow gutter blogger (that last part may or may not be a requirement…?). In that case, I can say that I am more than intrigued by BDSM play the way India described it in her post – the “unplugged version.” That is a neat term. All the talk of silk scarves, leather, mind/body play, and no hesitation is very hot.
- What’s the funniest bedroom situation you’ve ever been in? Funniest? That takes a little bit of thought. I think that sex should be fun and involve laughter and humor and looking like an idiot sometimes with each other. I just can’t think of a particular time like that right now. I have very limited sexual partners to pull from (very limited). Right now the humor of my two long-term relationships is completely eluding me. I was just at a Christmas party where someone joked about using their blinking Rudolph nose as a ball gag. That was pretty funny. It was also at a work function, not the bedroom, and I was not involved in any way – so I don’t think that meets the requirements. I’ll get back to you when I have some funny (haha) not funny (pathetic and sad) bedroom situations to report.
- Has gutter blogging taught you anything? Gutter blogging has taught me everything. It has taught me how to live. It has taught me how to express myself. It has taught me what I deserve. It has taught me freedom and self-expression and how wonderful and supportive strangers can be. This blog, this community, this creative process has been a lifeline. It has kept me sane. It has brought me to deep revelations about myself, my relationships, the direction of my life, my expectations, and so much more. I’ve also found an outlet for expressing my sexuality in a positive, open way. It’s fantastic!
- What is your favourite post from the person who nominated you? I love the post Something like a spiritual connection. I know that the situation didn’t pan out, things are very different now, and all of that. However, in the spirit of this award especially, I found it incredibly sensual, very hot, and a bit of a tease (and who doesn’t love a good tease?).
And there you have it. Now it’s really late, and I need to get to bed so I can go to work tomorrow and be half-way useful.
- It’s here! It’s arrived! The One, The Only, Fabulous Gutter Blogger Award! (workspousestory.wordpress.com)